Chris is a Chartered Building Surveyor at Dabinett. He is currently a director of the company and one of the founding partners.
Chris has been a Chartered Surveyor since 2005. Chris was previously with Lambert Smith Hampton from 2001 to 2012.
Chris has worked on a wide range of projects, below is a summary of recent experience:
- Building surveys and defect diagnosis on large scale commercial properties to HMOs and smaller residential buildings;
- Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) inspections of properties on behalf of Local Authority bodies;
- Expert witness roles including the in relation to residential repair and condition;
- Lead consultant and designer on a variety of refurbishment projects from industrial units to multi-storey offices. Ranging in value from a few thousand pounds to several million;
- Dilapidations experience in claims, in over one hundred separate cases, from circa £10k to in excess of £1m – clients have included multinational corporations, pension portfolios, small businesses, academic institutions, local authorities and governmental departments;
- Development monitoring – appraisal and monitoring of small residential and commercial ‘one off’ on behalf of lenders;
- Schedule of condition projects for a variety of site types, from retail to industrial. Clients include Seven Trent Water, Sita, Tesla, HMV and many more;
- Insurance Reinstatement Assessments – Work has involved detailed assessments, going beyond the application of general square metre rates, where clients have been under insured and in dispute with their insurers over values. Property values have ranged from £000s to £63million;
- Design and detailing of building alterations and extensions, including conversion of single dwelling houses into HMOs.
- Life cycle replacement projects on behalf of BT for circa 10 years, assessing timing of works, budgeting, implementation and project management;
- Incorporated member of the Association for Project Safety as a Principal Designer and formerly a CDM Co-ordinator;
- Party Wall Surveyor on behalf of domestic and commercial clients, including Network Rail and Kwik-Fit.
T: 0161 292 7085
M: 07791 615 212
RICS Membership Number: 1135524